For issues related to traveling, immigration, and refugee ban.
- Community Guidance: Restrictions on Muslim Entry to the U.S.
- Fact Sheet: Executive Order Restricting Muslim Entry to the U.S.
- What To Do When Asked About Immigration Status
- What to do if you are an immigrant stopped by police, immigration agents, or FBI (Spanish | Arabic | Urdu)
- What to do when encountering law enforcement at airports and other ports of entry into the U.S.
- Defending privacy at the U.S. border: A guide for travelers carrying digital devices
- Apply for help with immigration litigation
- Pro bono legal advice about your specific issue or individual case
- Public Counsel – Nation’s largest pro bono law firm
- President Trump’s Executive Order details (constantly updated because it’s always changing due to constant upheaval)
Area Specific Resources
|Green Card Holders stuck outside the US with tickets to return to Dulles International Airport and the Washington DC Area (IAD)||Simon Sandoval-Mohsenberg,
Director of the Immigrant Advocacy Program at the Legal Aid Center in Washington DC
|Muslim and Refugee Ban Issues at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)||Lawyers from Muslim Immigration Hotline always at the Airport||844-326-4940|
|Muslim and Refugee Ban Issues at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)||American Friends Service Committee and Volunteersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
For issues relating to civil rights violations and how to take legal action.
- You have been the victim of a civil rights violation and want to report an incident
- Know your rights and responsibilities as an American Muslim
- Know your rights when encountering law enforcement
- Find a pro bono civil rights lawyer
- Video: What To Do When Faced With Anti-Muslim Discrimination (pdf version)
- Video: “Got Rights?” – video to learn more about how to protect you and your family when approached by law enforcement at the airport or at home.
- Apply for help with civil rights litigation
- Apply for help with FBI interviews