SUPPORTING MUSLIM PRISONERS.
PRAYER. KNOWLEDGE. RESOURCES.
These facilities are supported with khateebs, teachers, counselors, and/or supplies.
- Arlington County Detention Facility (VA) [Info] [Volunteer Form] [Islamic Classes Flyer]
- Alexandria William G. Truesdale Adult Detention Center (VA) [Info] [Volunteer Form]
- Central Detention Facility & Correctional Treatment Facility (DC) [Info] [Volunteer Form]
- Greensville Correctional Center (VA) [Info]
- Prince George’s County Correctional Center (VA) [Info][Volunteer Form]
- Red Onion State Prison (VA) [Info]
- Sussex State Prison (VA) [Info]
- Augusta Correctional Center (VA) [Info]
- Jennifer Road Detention Center/Ordnance Road Jail (MD) [Info]
- Harford County Detention Center (MD) [Info]
- Baltimore County Department of Corrections (MD) [Info] [Volunteer Form]
- Putnamville Correctional Facility (IN) [Info]
- USP Victorville (CA) [Support by LinkOutside]
- MDC Los Angeles (CA) [Support by LinkOutside]
- California State Prison - LA County (CA) [Support by LinkOutside]
- Pleasant Valley State Prison (CA) [Support by LinkOutside]
- Salinas Valley State Prison (CA) [Support by LinkOutside]
- Central Utah Correctional Facility (UT) [Support by LinkOutside]
- California Institute for Women (CA) [Support by LinkOutside]
Civil Rights Pro Bono
- Muslim Advocates [click to visit website] Mail: P.O. Box 34440 Washington, DC 20043
- Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) [click to visit website] Hotline: 202-742-6420 or Email: email@example.com
- Link Outside [click to visit website] provides free mail correspondence to all Muslim Prisoners in all states. Mail to: Link Outside. c/o Islamic Institute of Orange County. 1220 N. State College Blvd. Anaheim, CA 92806 USA.
- Link Outside [click to visit website] provides free Islamic studies mail correspondence to prisoners through the California Islamic University [click to visit website]. It focuses on academic and educational development as well as spiritual and moral education, while preparing one to become an asset to community. If you're interested in enrolling please write to them to request a registration form and Mail to: Link Outside. c/o Islamic Institute of Orange County. 1220 N. State College Blvd. Anaheim, CA 92806 USA.
Help After Prison
- Bury Me Muslim [Click to visit website] educates Muslims and non-Muslims (friends and family) on how to properly go through the entire funeral and burial process. Bury Me Muslim also helps fundraise for those who are unable to pay for the services. Call: 301-364-1619
- Succor Transitional Program (STP) [Click to visit website] is a Muslim owned and run Maryland corporation, located in Baltimore. STP aims to be an organization that is committed “to aid those in a time of need or distress, while improving quality of life.” STP helps those who are homeless, recently released from incarceration, struggling with substance abuse, struggling with life altering medical issues or simply having difficulty transitioning from one stage of life to another. It focuses on helping these indigent populations achieve independence and sustainable housing. STP aims to be a leader in the Baltimore Metro Area creating a safe environment where residents can receive housing, counseling, support, employable skills, money management skills, and necessary life skills to be autonomous.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 443-219-7901