Intention to Volunteer
Volunteer work and commitment is dependent on the individual ability. A discussion will take place on an individual level between project administrator and volunteer individual to decide on the scope of work, prerequisites, progress measurement, due date, etc.
`Abdullah bin `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, “A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim. So he should not oppress him nor should he hand him over to an oppressor. Whoever fulfills the needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs; whoever removes the troubles of his brother, Allah will remove one of his troubles on the Day of Resurrection; and whoever covers up the fault of a Muslim, Allah will cover up his fault on the Day of Resurrection”. [Sahih Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
Some of the Ways You Can Help
On-site Facility Volunteer
The main objective of the Onsite Facility Volunteer is to support the facility directly by give Khutbah and leading Jumuah Prayer, teaching the basics of Islam as a teacher, becoming the Muslim consoler of the facility or similar support. This role is reimbursed $50 per site visit (see reimbursement process under resources).
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Must be qualified and experienced as a khateeb/Teacher/Counselor. Must only give khutbah or teach from Qur’an and Sunnah (nothing questionable).
- Female teachers and counselors are welcome and needed (can work with female only inmates or mixed groups). Khateebs must be male only.
- Must provide a POC from local masajid or organization in order to verify your identity.
- Must dedicate MINIMUM once a month to visit facility.
- Must have own source of transportation.
- Must update schedule on Google Calendar (click here). Failure to do so will result in duplicate and unnecessary efforts.
The main objectives of Outbound Communications is to:
- Gather and document all relevant information in order to create processes.
- Inform the general public about our project so that we may grow. This is done through communicating Masajid, people of interest, creating events, etc.
- Must be willing to put in the time/effort needed to help.
- Must be technically savvy: Word, Excel, Google Drive, etc.
- Must have excellent communication skills: Proper use of the English language (spelling, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure), strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively and concisely using a variety of styles and techniques.
- Must be willing to work in and be proficient in team environment: Work with others, willing to set deadlines and coordinate with internal team.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Must have own computer and internet.
- Prison Facility Information to Gather (click here)
The main objective of Asset Management is to communicate with the facility and/or their respective MPSP internal team and fulfil equipment/supplies needed by the facility or internal team.