ICNA CSJ is encouraging the American Muslim community, Palestinian Americans, and allies to both communities to attend, cosponsor and support Palestine solidarity rallies taking place in cities throughout the nation this week and weekend.
Palestinians have endured relentless violence at the hands of the Israeli occupation forces in the sacred site of Al-Aqsa for the past several days. Hundreds of residents of the Jerusalem neighborhood of Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood are on the verge of expulsion from their homes, and armed settlers and Israeli soldiers are terrorizing the community and those in solidarity with them. All while the Israeli government ignores White House calls for de-escalation and opting to instead increase missile strikes on Palestinian civilians prior to engaging in ceasefire talks.
As of writing this, 69 Palestinians have reportedly been killed (including 17 children) and more than a thousand have been injured.
This is a time for all Americans regardless of religion, race, or ethnicity to stand together at this crucial moment and take a stand in our cities and streets for Palestinian rights.
Here are some suggestions:
- Put together a simple flyer with the event details and announce/distribute on the Day of Eid & the following Friday.
- Ask your Imam/Khateeb to include the ongoing Israeli violence in occupied Palestine during the Eid & Friday Khutbas.
- Hold your event outdoors with appropriate CDC guidelines.
- Limit your event to no more than 2 hours.
- Give preference to those with Palestinian heritage to speak.
- Invite local press.
- Use Social Media of your choice and use these hashtags:
#ProtectAqsa, #SaveSheikhJarrah, #StopJerusalemExpulsions, #DispossessionIsAWarCrime
- Tweet to @POTUS, @VP, @SecBlinken, @HadyAmr,
- Tag @ICNACSJ, @USCMO, @AMPalestine, @CAIRNational, @ICNA @mas_national to amplify your event
- Remember to ask Allah and to pray!