ICNA CSJ led the nationwide campaign of ICNA ‘United Against Hunger – Standing Up for Justice’ in the month of October 2010. The following were the main features of the campaign:
– A webpage was created on the hunger campaign
– 100,000 postcards were distributed
– 100,000 4-page brochure on the issue of ‘hunger in America’ were distributed
– 6000 posters were distributed to Islamic Centers
– Post Cards, Posters and brochure were mailed to 500 Islamic Centers.
– ICNA chapters were asked to hold feeding programs and ‘Cans for the hungry’ drives.
Skip a lunch – Feed a hungry child
A facebook page ‘Skip a lunch – Feed a hungry child’ was created to raise awareness about hunger in America. Over 2000 facebook users were invited to join the campaign. Approximately 200 participated in it.
Juma Khutbas/Friday Lectures
Alhmdulillah, with the help of ICNA chapters we were able to get about 135 Imams/khateebs to deliver khutbas on this topic. A sample khutba and guidelines were made available on the website. Approximately over 170 Khutbas were delivered reaching out to about 70,000 Muslims.
ICNA Relief organized feeding programs at 20 places during the campaign